How do I remove users imported from LDAP

Sebastian Lea May 20, 2014

I've synchronized users from LDAP however I did not realize at first time to use group filter to reduce the number of users imported. I've already setup a group filter however the users that were already imported are still there and I cannot remove the ones that will never use the tool.

How do I do that? I'm tempted to remove them straight from database through SQL. Is there another way to work it around?

Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2014

Sebastian,

Could you please mark this question as answered in order to help and add visibility for whoever is facing the same problem.

Thanks! :)

0 votes
Sebastian Lea May 21, 2014

I ve already solved it by placing the right filter within user object filter while setting up the directory.

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2014

Hi Sebastian, if you're using the LDAP directory type connetor (the one with the link synchronize), the users should have being removed upon the next successful synchronization.

You may attempt to force a full synchronization (disable the LDAP directory, enable again and hit the link synchronize). In case it doesn't work, you may check your logs, it's possible that the synchronization have not completed successfuly.

Cheers

Sebastian Lea May 21, 2014

Thanks Tiago!

I've already realized about that while trial and error :-). Thanks for your response!!!

Suggest an answer