How do I get a Strike-through on my Story Summary Text When I Have Completed/Resolved the Story?

Eamonn O_ Brien October 15, 2017

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone can help me with something that I thought would be straight forward but has actually taken up my entire morning trying to figure out :( . I recently began using JIRA Cloud and my problem is that when I set up a sprint and complete a story in that sprint I want to see a strike through on the name of the story I've just completed.

For example, The story called 'This is My First Task' when I complete this task in my sprint I want to see the following 'This is My First Task'

Task Completion.PNG

How can I do this?

Thanks again

Eamonn

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2017

This is not possible only the Story Key will get striked out.

Thanks for your quick reply Mizan. This is unfortunate as in previous versions the strike through on the summary made it very clear on what was done in a sprint. For it to be just done on the story ID makes it quite hard to read.

Would you know if there another way to effectively show completed tasks in a sprint?

Thanks again for your help on this.

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2017

IIRC , the summary was not striked out. It seems the Board configuration has changed. Due to which the Issue key appears after summary.

On the board go to Configure >> Card Layout >> Backlog

Add the field resolution. This will help you identify which ones are completed. Also make the Issue Key appear before summary . It will be better to identify the ones which are resolved/completed

Hi Mizan,

The above solution is perfect. The Issue Key ahead of the summary should be ideal. I’m just looking at the Card layout menu but I am  unable to see where you can rearrange the card fields so I can have issue key infront of summary description field. 

Last question promise!! 😀

cheers

Eamonn

Hi Mizan,

Thanks for your help on this but it looks like this was a fundamental change made by Atalssian.

I personally do not find this change helpful as it makes the backlog hard to read but reading from other forums it looks like they are not rolling back on this change or even give the user the option to re-arrange it.

Link

(https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/blog/2016/12/new-design-of-jira-software-issue-cards?_ga=2.143436349.946738458.1508009246-1338426487.1508009246&_gac=1.61557726.1508009246.CjwKCAjw64bPBRApEiwAJhG-fr37XGazBrYeR8DmT02LsOnkNmF1zqk3QCd1CBg429LSPYaPFVt17hoCOFQQAvD_BwE)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2017

Jira will strike out a summary in many (but not all) places when a resolution is set on the issue.

Hi Nic,

How are you? How do I put in a resolution for this issue to get this strike-through or even a workaround to show some visual representation of an issue complete?

Thanks

Eamonn

Suggest an answer