How do I find out which version of Jira I'm using?

Brian Oconnell January 30, 2020

About Jira shows this:

About Jira

(pronounced JEE-ra)

Copyright © 2002 - 2020 Atlassian Corporation Pty Ltd.

The use of this product is subject to the terms of the Atlassian End User Agreement, unless other specified therein.

This product includes software developed by the Apache Software Foundation.

Made withby Atlassians from all over the world.

4 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2020

One of your admins has removed the version report from the help text.  There's no way to directly establish what version it is if they have done that to you.

You might have some luck with a REST call though - if you ask for system info, it should usually return the version.  See https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/7.6.1/#api/2/serverInfo

0 votes
Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2020

Hi @Brian Oconnell 

Jira Cloud is always on the latest version as mentioned by @Mohamed Benziane 

If you are using Jira Server, you should be able to see the Jira version at the bottom of the page. 

2020-01-30_22-34-21.png

0 votes
Brian Oconnell January 30, 2020

How do you know I'm on Jira cloud?

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2020

Because i have the same result when i go to help, in the left corner of jira and click on "about jira".

If your url instance have atlassian.net/ i'm pretty sure that you are on cloud.

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 30, 2020

Hello @Brian Oconnell 

Welcome to the community

You seems to be in jira cloud. So there is no "version" as we assume that you're always on the last version of the product.

Hope this helps

Suggest an answer