How do I create a multi user custom field?

Janelle Laurano August 9, 2012

I want to be able to assign more than 1 person to a task, but I need to create a multi user custom field first. How do I do that?

3 answers

2 votes
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2012

Hey Janelle,

Actually, it is not possible for you to assign an issue to more than 1 user at one time. This is actually the default behavior of JIRA assignee.

Anyway as for your inquiry on adding the Multi User picker custom field, this can be done as follows:
- Go to Administration > Custom Field
- Create a custom field, select the multi user picker custom field type
- Configure the custom field as needed (custom field name, description, applicable context and applicable issue types)
-- Applicable context is mapping the field to specific project. Select global context to have it associated across all projects
-- Applicable issue types is mapping the field to specific issue type. Select global issue type to have it associated to all issue types
- Map the field to specific screens

You may find more details on this by checking the following documentation:
- https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Adding+a+Custom+Field

Hope this helps!

Cheers.

1 vote
Deleted user August 9, 2012

Create a custom field and for the type pick "Multi User Picker". This will allow you to create what you are looking for.

0 votes
Jaromir Toke May 29, 2020

Hi.
This method still works well, but is there a way to send notifications, for this way added multiple users?

Suggest an answer