How do I configure the jira.clone.prefix field to add the original issuekey to a cloned issue?

Will Baleson January 23, 2013

I'm trying to set my jira.clone.prefix field in my advanced settings to automatically include a reference to the original ticket in the summary of the cloned ticket that is being created. What would I need to put in the jira.clone.prefix field in order to get this to work?

Thanks

I was trying like @issuekey@ or @parent.issuekey@ from what I was able to scrounge up by googling, but I think that might be limited to the clone plus plugin. Wasn't able to find much information about referencing tickets on the confluence wiki for Jira.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2013

Nothing - you'll need to amend the cloning code to do that. The prefix field is a simple string.

(Although, that is quite a nice idea, except that I'd point out that clones are already linked back to their source automatically, so it might be a bit of a duplication of information)

Will Baleson January 23, 2013

Not what I was hoping to hear but at least a reasonable response.

Thanks

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2013

Clone Plus Plugin for JIRA allows this and many other things to be customized.

Suggest an answer