How do I bulk insert values into select list?

If I know the CustomField and CustomFieldConfig Id's can I just bulk insert values into the customerFieldOption table? I just wasn't sure if another table were involved or not.

I basically am just setting up our site and wanted to insert a list of build numbers in bulk, these will then be left in the system. It would just be easier than entering several hundred numbers manually especially since I need to enter them for multiple field configs.

Thanks,

Jon

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote
Henning Tietgens Community Champion Mar 13, 2013

You can use a Script Runner plugin builtin script to easily mass import custom field values.

Henning

Thanks that looks like it will do what I need.

0 vote
Daryl Chuah Atlassian Team Mar 12, 2013

Hi there

Perhaps you might want to try using Jelly Script to achieve this configuration.

For more information, you can refer on this : Jelly Tags

Hope it helps :)

Cheers

I will look at that I was just hoping it would be a simple SQL statement since this is just a one time thing but I would rather do it correctly as well. Thanks for the tip.

The Jelly Tags may work but how do you Get Info on a Custom Field? What I mean is that Jelly allows you to Create a new field and put in values but one thing I didn't see examples of are how do I add values to an existing field and also to a field with a specific field configuration?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

650 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you