How can i have a more efficient way of working on Jira?

taelor toews November 27, 2019

Wanting better linking between projects, tasks and boards

Ex. I'm running A project but many of the tasks are linked/related to other projects such as blank and blank. So wanted to build a board that shows the links better vs having to open the epics/stories

if I can build higher up boards to encompass various projects or something?

Let me know if this is possible in Jira!! I use Jira cloud 

1 answer

0 votes
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2019

Hi @taelor toews in cases like this I usually setup one board per project and another board that contains all the projects that are linked to each other, it's all about the query you do to setup the board. On the big board I do setup the linked issues to be shown on the cards so I can see at glance which are the related tickets and projects to that issue.

This setup usually works if it's not a ton of projects, if that would be your case you might want to consider adding portfolio or big picture to work on several projects at higher level. In my experience, they are not the most intuitive apps but we can help you learn how to use it if needed.

Hope this helps 

taelor toews November 28, 2019

hello! thank you! ya i'm just wanting the tasks and issues with visibility of the tasks that are linked from other projects relating that task... if that makes sense? instead of me having to click on that issue and see what other tasks are linked to it. Just want it all in one place 

Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2019

Then I guess that this tiny piece of my comment might be the only thing useful if I get it right.

On the big board I do setup the linked issues to be shown on the cards so I can see at glance which are the related tickets and projects to that issue.

Suggest an answer