How can i add a custom field to a bug?

Andreas Gschwari September 24, 2019

I have created a custom field for bug classification. But I can't seem to add it to the bug reporting window. 

When I use "new issue" and select "bug", I get the "configure fields" in the top right of the "Create Issue" window. but the custom field I created does not show up. 

All I want to do is add an element to classify bugs to my reporting window.

2 answers

0 votes
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2019

Jira can show you why this field is not included on the UI. You should see a a link with text "Where is my field". If you click on it, Jira will tell you exactly what you should do.

where-is-my-fie.png

Andreas Gschwari September 25, 2019

I don't actually get that "Where is my field" field. 

0 votes
Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2019

@Andreas Gschwari 

I think your problem exist with the custom field configuration. as you need to specify the screen.

please follow the instruction here carefully Configuring a custom field

Andreas Gschwari September 25, 2019

There is a lot to read but I finally managed to get to the part where I can configure the fields for bugs. Thanks for that - not the most user friendly system, everything is nested. I wish, as an admin, I could simply add fields straight away instead of having to go that deep into the settings. 

I find that a lot of the documentation also does not match what I see on screen /sigh

Suggest an answer