How can embed JIRA filter results in a Confluence PDF report

Sarah Spear February 16, 2015

I feel like I'm looking for the obviuos, but I can't find it anywhere.

I run a whole heap of reporting for Higher Ups, who just want to see Confluence pages as PDF. All the customization available is to do with style, layout (I don't care about those), rather than making my JIRA filter results appear as a list of results, rather than a link.

So far, PDF exports will give me a link to click, when I really just want the pages, with the results, as a PDF. Any help?

1 answer

0 votes
philleicht
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2015

Hey Sarah,

unfortunately this is not possible without customizing the template of the PDF-export in JIRAs internals (if even there).
However, what could be a good workaround for you is the Firefox extension FireShot. With this, you can create PDFs from websites; At first it feels a bit cumbersome, but the neat thing is, that contrary to other screenshot tools (like windows' snipping tool), you can scroll down your website while creating the screenshot.
I've used this workaround for exactly the same scenario as you do: Reports for higher ups that resemble the layout and info on a Confluence page which weren't supported by the built-in PDF-export.
There's a free and a pro version of this tool, so you might want to check out whether the pro-features include a further benefit for your scenario.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Philipp

Suggest an answer