How can I view the workflow for a project for which I am not the administrator?

Michael Rogers September 30, 2014

I want to look at the workflows that are used by various projects in a JIRA instance where I am not the administrator. How can I do this? There doesn't seem to be any link from the projects or the boards to allow a view of the workflow.

3 answers

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2014

Generally, you can't.  Only admins can get the details of workflows.

You can get a basic view (the flowchart, but not conditions, properties, screens etc) by hitting "view workflow" on any given issue though.  It appears under the issue status - as long as you have "view workflow" permission (and you're on a relatively recent version of JIRA - think it's 5.1 and above, but don't quote me)

1 vote
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2014

There is a "View Read-Only Workflow" permission on the project permission scheme that you can double check you have. Click any issue in the desired project and there is a "View Workflow" link by the status, provided you have the previously mentioned permission.

Here's what it looks like in 6.2:

Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 12.12.03 PM.png

0 votes
Deleted user October 20, 2020

Screenshot from 2020-10-20 11-42-31.pngYou will find this in the workflow state dropdown  

Suggest an answer