How can I sort a field descending instead of ascending?

Raye Raskin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2014

I have build numbers in several single-select fields. Naturally they are constantly increasing. This has to be a common issue. How can I sort them in descending order to the newest builds appear at the top and not the bottom? I'm using JIRA OnDemand, and this is not related to Bamboo.

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2014

In the Custom field page, find the field you want, then click the gear, then click on Configure. From there you will see a list of your options, click on Edit Options above them. You can then manually adjust the order on the right hand side. Or, you can click on the sort options alphabetically link. This will work if you use letters instead of numbers to force it to go backwards.

However, I would actually recommend having build numbers in a labels custom field type, not a select. This way an issue can be associated with multiple builds, and it is easier to just have it autocomplete as you type the value in.

Suggest an answer