How can I restrict the view on the Activity tabs "Activity" and "History" for external users?

manuela.ohling February 14, 2020

Hello,

We have one Jira project in which we want to work with an external partner and some internal users. However we do not want that the external partner can view the content of the "Activity" and "History" log in the "Activity" part of a ticket/ issue (see the red encircled points below). While the internal users can. Is there a way to restrict the viewing content according to a user profile or user group while another user profile or group has full view capability?

Thank you for your help and time.

Jira activity tab.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2020

Hi Manuela,

I understand the requirement from a perspective where users are to be differentiated between internal/external staff and/or customers. I remember one case where we also checked which options are possible.

Did you notice the feature request in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-11541 ? Unfortunately it was closed with a statement that a solution will not be implemented.

There are some tricks around to hide several parts using Javascript or similar. Some years ago also Apps were mentioned but we finally gave up the requirement - and did not test any Apps towards this approach.

Cheers,
Daniel

manuela.ohling February 14, 2020

Thats a pitty. By searching for my topic I saw many requests from others who have the same or similar problem.

Suggest an answer