How can I remove the numbered line format of a Description?

Dick Robinson November 27, 2022

I want a description with no numbered lines. I don't know how I got the numbered lines.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2022

Edit the field in the issue, highlight the lines with numbers and then de-click them with the "numbered list" button in the editor's functions bar

I can't find the "numbered list" button. I see it above in the formats bar though.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2022

I'm sorry, but that is totally self-contradictory.

You can't see a numbered list button but you see it in the formats bar?  Which is it?  Is it there or not?

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 27, 2022

Hi @Dick Robinson 

Usually Description is a rich text field from which you can remove easily the numbered values, simply by clicking on the corresponding button:

numbered list.png

If you can't see the above toolbar, then perhaps the field renderer is not set to Wiki. To check this:

• Go to your project > project settings>
  • Fields > Edit Fields
  • Find Description and see if underneath its name it's written "Wiki Style Renderer"
    • If not, then click renderers on the right of the screen and choose wiki style renderers
    • Click update
      wiki style renderer.png

If you are experiencing another problem, please provide more details.

You suggestion did not work. Here are more details on my problem in the screenshot. I don't want the line number 1,2, and 3 in the card's Description.

Here is a screenshot of my problem. How do I remove the line numbers 1, 2, and 3?

David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2022

@Dick Robinson 

Your replies don't have any screenshots attached. Also, you referred to a card's description, but Jira doesn't have 'cards'.

You might be talking about Trello, which is totally different product to Jira. If so, just Google 'trello description formatting' to understand how to format text in the description of a card in Trello.

If do you have questions about Trello, you need to post them in the Trello section of the community site.

Suggest an answer