How can I produce an Audit Report for user access in Jira

Shereen March 5, 2020

We just upgraded our Jira server to the latest version and I would like produce an audit report with the following details:

• Who has permission to view the project
  • What roles are defined
  • What groups are defined
  • What permission scheme is being used

Is there a way I can do this report in Jira? Thank you so much!

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Bharath Kumar Kappala
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2020

@Shereen There is no one place where you can find all these details

• To know who has permissions to view the project you will have to go into the permission schemes and check the browse projects permissioms
  • To check the roles defined you will have to to the Settings> System> Roles
  • To check the groups Settings> UserManagement> Groups
  • To check which project uses what permission schemes you will have to go to Settings> Issues> Permission Schemes 

Hope this helps!

Shereen March 6, 2020

Thank you. But how about using filters or JQL functions?

Bharath Kumar Kappala
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2020

No JQL functions at least out of the box would be able to give you those results.

0 votes
Hua Soon SIM _Akeles_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 29, 2021

We have released an app on Atlassian Marketplace.

Check out Auditing User Access Rights on Jira

Hope that will help to save precious time generating audit reports.

0 votes
Mike Diehn June 17, 2021

Deleted

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2020

There is no report out of the box. You need to do what @Bharath Kumar Kappala says.  

Mojib Javadi October 7, 2020

That's not very helpful. Any plans to have some sort of cross system access auditing and reporting?

Debra Jones January 7, 2021

That's something I would find useful too. I.e. ability to run a report by User to establish what Projects they have access to and with what role.

Denise Prickett November 2, 2022

Yes please! Jira permissions are crazy complex. If we can't audit all permissions, at least checking cross-project by user would be super helpful. Or being able to, for example, search which users have Delete Project permission.

Like Vish Reddy _Revyz_ likes this

Suggest an answer