How can I hide Assign button & Assign to Me AND allow assignment via post function?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2019

I have a workflow that has assignment set by workflow post function and I need to prevent people from assigning issues to themselves or to anyone else. 

I can't take the assignment permission away from them since I do need them to be able to assign via the post function.

HALP

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 26, 2019

Hi Robert,

I believe it can be gobally disabled by following this KB Article, but you need to disable the Ops Bar Assign Link (assign-issue) module instead.

Regards

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2019

This can't be done on a project basis, can it?

Alejandro Villalobos _atSistemas_ September 28, 2019

Sorry, the above procedure affects the whole instance.
There is no way to do the same per project basis.

Did you mind to add the Jira.permission.assign.denied= property to an status and see if the button is not displayed but the postfunction works as it should?

See, the article below if you don't know how to configure transition and status properties:

https://www.j-tricks.com/tutorials/permissions-based-on-workflow-status

Suggest an answer