It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I hide Assign button & Assign to Me AND allow assignment via post function?

I have a workflow that has assignment set by workflow post function and I need to prevent people from assigning issues to themselves or to anyone else. 

I can't take the assignment permission away from them since I do need them to be able to assign via the post function.

HALP

1 answer

Hi Robert,

I believe it can be gobally disabled by following this KB Article, but you need to disable the Ops Bar Assign Link (assign-issue) module instead.

Regards

This can't be done on a project basis, can it?

Sorry, the above procedure affects the whole instance.
There is no way to do the same per project basis.

Did you mind to add the Jira.permission.assign.denied= property to an status and see if the button is not displayed but the postfunction works as it should?

See, the article below if you don't know how to configure transition and status properties:

https://www.j-tricks.com/tutorials/permissions-based-on-workflow-status

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

334 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you