How can I get custom fields to show on JIRA details even if they have not had values assigned to them yet?

Monica Rainey August 20, 2014

Currently, I can populate the fields by clicking "edit" and then finding the field on the edit screen, or I can see the fields if they were populated when the ticket was created, but I want to be able to see it if there is no value there yet. I want to see the field with "None" as the value in the details part of the screen so that it is easier to edit. Is that possible?

2 answers

0 votes
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2014
This is because of inline editing, isn't it? You want to see the fields and be able to quick edit them.
0 votes
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2014

As I see from https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-6697 - this feature is not availible in jira. And as the behaviour is fundamental - it is not possible to enhance without change of jira sources. Sorry for bad news.

Suggest an answer