It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I create a new Issue in a post function?

a.haaken Feb 20, 2012

Use Case:

There is a Ticket moving around, which ist finally answered after a while. Now we want to create an Imprvement from this ticket, without deleting the original. We want to create a new Issue in a post function and predefine some values from the original one.

Is there a working plugin that does somethin like that?

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA Feb 20, 2012

Clone an issue and link from script runner plugin should get you most of the way there... plus a host of other plugins that do this.

Damon Pleasant Jun 20, 2016

The only problem with the "Clone an Issue and link" function is that it clones EVERYTHING from the original issue.  I want the new issue to be a standalone issue and I only want to clone 3 fields from the original issue.  I don't want all of the information copied over.

0 votes
a.haaken Feb 27, 2012

I finally resolved this need with the CustomWare Jira Utilities, which helps me alot.

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis Mar 22, 2012

I was using the CustomWare Jira utilites, but they didn't update for Jira5. So I've changed it to the the Script Runner mentioned by Jamie.

0 votes
Test User Feb 09, 2017

Hello everyone,

i am having a similiar issue and hoping you could help me with that as well.

First of all I don't have any of the mentioned plugins. And i was wondering if I could Create a new Issue with the basic functionality of the Post Functions "Create and link a new issue".

As I am trying to add this post function I am forwarded to a page where I have to "Update parameters of the Create and Link a new issue Function for this transition." Here I can set "Operation to execute" but the dropdown list next to it is empty.

The added Post Funciton on this Transition causes an Error as soon as I get to the according Transition. I can't pass that Transition and the Error Message I receive is simply "null"

Thank you in advance!

0 votes
Shubham Agarwal May 06, 2018

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to use post function "Sends a customizable email to the selected recipients and with the given content" on the issue create event which is not working for any JQL filter. Sequence of this event is already set to last in the post function list.

Didn't getting anything helpful in this context, we have our Jira on cloud.

Also facing issue with this event on other stages too.

Please guide/help.

Thanks in advance.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Here’s what we’re doing to make Jira Cloud faster

Hello Community 🤗 I’m Nikhil, a Product Manager on the Jira Cloud team working on performance improvements. Performance is an ongoing journey and we continue to invest heavily in it. We under...

103 views 0 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you