It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Have Two Unresolved Resolution Labels Showing Up Edited

Hey all,

So I am having an issue with my tickets in regards to resolution. We noticed that some of them are not showing up in our search query for resolution = unresolved, but they are showing up when we do a search query of resolution = "\"Unresolved\"" instead. When looking at each ticket from both versions of unresolved, we see that their text is coming up as Unresolved, with zero quotes or any additional white space. It seems that some of the tickets at random are being sent into the resolution = "\"Unresolved\"" area, which we found strange.

Is there any solution to this currently? I was curious if there was a custom tag that was accidentally created but is sending some of the tickets in that direction.

1 answer

Hey Sean,

this should be pretty easy to solve. Head over to the system administration and the resolutions available in the system. Someone added a resolution named "Unresolved" which should be fixed immediately! Jira treats issues as unresolved if no value is present in the field. So right now you have resolved tickets with a resolution "Unresolved". :)

Best, Max

I'm going to do some guessing here based on my experience and rather than someone going to the resolutions and adding it, it was added by mistake as part of a CSV import. I've seen that happen a lot so I suggest you check for recent activities related to that to avoid problems again in the future

Upon going into the system administration and looking into the resolutions, we do not see a resolution named "Unresolved." Any other possible fixes for this problem?

Are you still facing the problem even though you don't see that resolution? Send some screenshots if so.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you