Go to view screen of new issue after creating it, instead of small notice with issue number.

Sabine Van Regenmortel March 9, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Creating an Issue

Isn't it possible that after creation, you are directed to the View screen of the issue instead of the small alert with a link of the new issue? You have to be fast to click on it, because it disappears after a few seconds.

2 answers

0 votes
Sabine Van Regenmortel March 9, 2016

Thanks!

Indeed I understand if you use JIRA intensively by browsing, updating, assigning, searching etc. and meanwhile constantly creating issues, it is very helpful.

Our users complained about this since they are rather the user type who logs an issue only now and then. In that case I understand they prefer the previous behaviour.

So the Recently Viewed is the quickest way to view it, indeed. I will inform them.
They will get used to it.

cheers,
Sabine

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2016

JIRA used to work like that but many people (including me) like the way it behaves nowadays. You can create issues on the fly without being distracted from you current work (issue you are viewing at the time). 

Anyways, if you're not quick enough, simply click on the issues tab and the issue you just created will be at the top of the "Recent Issues" list displayed in the the dropdown.

Cheers,

Christian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events