Find cloned issues in JIRA

Royce Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2012

JIRA gurus,

I am using JIRA 3.13.5 (old... I know).

Is there a way to find issues that were cloned? Great if I can do it via issue navigator, but I will take SQL answer as well.

Actually I will take answers for JIRA 4/5 as well, more reasons for me to upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2012

There is no way to do this unless you use custom Clone action.

For the standard one, it might create the CLONE- prefix or "clone links" based on the configuration you have. If it is the links, you can then search based on the links.

Royce Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2012
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2012

You can use those options only if the links are created and that depends on your configuration. You can check if those links are created when you clone an isue or not.

Suggest an answer