Filtering over multiple jira instances

Bryan Karsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2013

Hi,

I have 2 jira instances. I have application links set up, and SOS enabled via crowd, so I can hop between them fairly easily. I have them subscribing to each other's filters, so I can have uniified dashboards...

My question is, is it possible to have a filter that looks at both instances at the same time (as opposed to one filter for one instance, and another fillter from the other instance). Something like.

project in (project_from_jira1, project_form_ira2) and status not in (closed).

So far, I haven't been able to find a solution.

I do use the Alta-search plugin, but it can't currently save searches as a filter.

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2013

I doubt it, since both of the jira instances will run their own database. You would need to teach JIRA to search in two databases and for that you need to change the JIRA code itself.

Bryan Karsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2013

I feared as much. Thanks!

Suggest an answer