Filtering issues gets message "A script on this page is causing your web browser to run slowly" on IE8

Hi,

when i run a filter in JIRA using Internet Explorer 8 i get a message "A script on this page is causing your web browser to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive" and option to stop running this script. The filter results are shown correctly, but i would like to get rid of this warning message. Is there a way how to do it?

Thanks,

Rad

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

This link solves the problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/175500

Thanks Atlassian support!

Rad

I have seen the same problem with a customer and they had lots of Date/User custom fields on the screen. I gather this is coming when you are using Simple Search? What happens when you try Advanced Searching?

Hello Jobin,

thanks for your interest. Yes it is true that this problem occurs only when i use simple search. It is also true, that some if the filtered issues have like 5 or more date fields and 5 or more user picker fields. However, i am affraid that most of our customers will not be able to use advanced searching. Do you have any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Rad

Nope :) I haven't seen any solution. Fortunately, it was working on IE9 and other browsers. Maybe somelese have a solution they found.

I have this issue when trying to manage 688 Versions on one particular project. The microsoft fix stops the dialog box from appearing but does not actualy fix the problem. If i view a another project with a handful of of versions I don't have an issue. Has anyone managed to resolve this?

JIRA 5 - IE 8/Firefox - I'm upgrading to JIRA 6.1, maybe this will resolve, but since I'm upgrading from V3.12.1 I have a feeling it's possible that it's inheriting some kind of issue. The logs say nothing, but maybe there is a link between JIRA and Greenhopper from JIRA 3.12.1 that is causing me pain.

thanks

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

578 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you