Filtering issues gets message "A script on this page is causing your web browser to run slowly" on IE8

r
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2012

Hi,

when i run a filter in JIRA using Internet Explorer 8 i get a message "A script on this page is causing your web browser to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive" and option to stop running this script. The filter results are shown correctly, but i would like to get rid of this warning message. Is there a way how to do it?

Thanks,

Rad

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
r
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2012

This link solves the problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/175500

Thanks Atlassian support!

Rad

0 votes
Darren Pegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2013

I have this issue when trying to manage 688 Versions on one particular project. The microsoft fix stops the dialog box from appearing but does not actualy fix the problem. If i view a another project with a handful of of versions I don't have an issue. Has anyone managed to resolve this?

JIRA 5 - IE 8/Firefox - I'm upgrading to JIRA 6.1, maybe this will resolve, but since I'm upgrading from V3.12.1 I have a feeling it's possible that it's inheriting some kind of issue. The logs say nothing, but maybe there is a link between JIRA and Greenhopper from JIRA 3.12.1 that is causing me pain.

thanks

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2012

I have seen the same problem with a customer and they had lots of Date/User custom fields on the screen. I gather this is coming when you are using Simple Search? What happens when you try Advanced Searching?

r
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2012

Hello Jobin,

thanks for your interest. Yes it is true that this problem occurs only when i use simple search. It is also true, that some if the filtered issues have like 5 or more date fields and 5 or more user picker fields. However, i am affraid that most of our customers will not be able to use advanced searching. Do you have any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Rad

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2012

Nope :) I haven't seen any solution. Fortunately, it was working on IE9 and other browsers. Maybe somelese have a solution they found.

Suggest an answer