Field value does not auto populate in JQL search

I have created a custom field (named "Dev Team") of type Select List (single choice). This field works fine other than in JQL when I enter "Dev Team" = L   I expect the field values starting with L to show, but they don't. 

This character matching of values works for other fields just fine. But not for this one. 

Any ideas?

thanks

4 answers

Are you using different contexts for this custom field?

to be frank, I do not get Context much at all. The context for Dev Team field is 2 projects and several issues types. I am not sure why it would matter though.

If you have two different contexts (one for issue type A in Project B and one as default for all other projects) then JQL will only autocomplete values only from the default (if I remember it correct)

Looking at the custom field > Dev Team I see one context defined. Issue type(s): Design Story Bug Sprint Task Epic Task Sub-task Business Story Project(s): A B Dev team has a default value.

I also removed Project B from context. Still no luck.

Not sure if it will help, but can you add an additional clause like issuetype = Bug. So JQL knows that it can use that context.

I did this JQL with no luck project = A and issuetype = Bug and "Dev Team" = whatever I typed didnt to auto fill

Did you complete a re-index yet?

I think the IT guy has done that. But to be safe I will have him do a full reindex again.

take that back, IT guys says he did reindex last week.

0 vote

Does the field have a searcher?

Multi Select Searcher

Ok, cross that idea off the list.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

82 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you