Facing problem in users count

kanthu kumar May 28, 2012

when i copy data from production datbase of jira to my testing local database the users are matching but in JIRA users count they are not showing correct count i.e it is varying around 4ooo thousand users difference in my testing instance JIRA.i have also properly configured to mysql database.please take this on high priority and let me know where i am going wrong

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2012

You need to tell us a little more:

1. When you say you've "copied" the data from production, how did you do that? Database dump, xml export, something else?
  2. What user handling are you using in production? LDAP, Jira internal, Crowd, something else?
  3. What user handling are you using in test? Is it the same as live?
  4. What are the numbers you are seeing in production and test (approximately)?

1 :I have exported data from production DB and imported into my sql own DB

2:In production jira it is configured with LDAP and in my testing instance JIRA we have removed this LDAP

3:In user handling i have set username and password while installing a jira 4.4.4 at the time of configuring but the thing is JIRA production and my instance production both username and passord are same.

4:Excatly 4253 users are not showing in my testing instance JIRA

please help me out and let me know where i am going wrong

Hi Nice brough,

If i am going wrong please share me the steps how to i eradicate with these problems also please send the steps how to put same image in my testing instance as same as production instance

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2012

1. Ok, that's good

2. So, your LDAP is not hooked up in test, so I'd expect you not to find any users from LDAP, you'd only see the internal ones

3. Er, that's not what you said in 2, unless I've missed something? You have hooked up test to LDAP? Or not?

4. So how many do you see in Production? And how many in Test? Can you compare the ones you do see? For example your own account - is it identical in Test and Production?

Might also want to have a read through your logs for errors...

kanthu kumar May 29, 2012

My LDAP is not configured with my testing instance.I dicussed with my team we should not do that LDAp with testing instance.please do me need ful what i should?

The users are not identical in my testing instance also

I am sharing JIRA log file please check and let me know

Suggest an answer