Export backlog to Excel

How can I export the entire backlog of a project to Excel. I have found the options to import excel files to JIRA but how do I export JIRA to excel? I couldnt get much from the answers to a similar question on the forum.

Thanks

4 answers

Hi,

You can export issues to Excel using Xporter for JIRA. It allows you to create custom documents.

Take a look.

Cheers,

Rui Rodrigues.

0 vote
Mikael Sandberg Community Champion Nov 16, 2016

Issues in your back log should not have a value for the Sprint field, so just search for Sprint is EMPTY, and then export your list view to Excel.

0 vote

Have a look at the board filter first, then go view it in the issue navigator.  At the top of that display, there are export options.

These used to include "excel", but that's been deprecated and you're expected to use CSV exports now (you can re-enable excel in current versions of JIRA Server with a flag, but I don't know what version you are on)

You might want to add the clause "and sprint is empty" to the board filter, if you want to ignore items planned into a sprint.

0 vote

With Better Excel Plugin you can export all backlog items to custom Excel documents with one click:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=15&v=DRfGmCDgazQ

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

184 views 1 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you