Export Custom Field Values

I inherited an out-of-date Excel application that contains values from a JIRA Custom Field.  I don't know how the original list in Excel was generated - I don't think there is anyone left who can tell me.  But what I want to be able to do is export all of the possible values for that custom field so that I can update the list in Excel and bring the application back up to date.  Can someone please let me know if there is a way to do this using JIRA Cloud?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 vote

There's no real "export", as config items generally don't need exporting. 

As an admin though, just configure the field and read the list of there.

As a non-admin, you could go into edit an issue that has the field and read the list that's embedded in the html for the page.  Or stick a gadget on your dashboard.  Filter statistics, your field as the statistic and a filter for "all issues".  That will give you a list of all the used values on the list.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

154 views 5 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you