Error in fetching data from Indexes

Gnanabaskar August 29, 2022

Hi, 

I am facing issue while executing Test case in Jira. Screenshot 2022-08-30 101530.jpg

Index error.jpg

How to fix this error. Do I need to delete .jira-home.lock file?. And before deleteing do I need to stop Atlassian Jira - Services ?

Please suggest solution.

Thanks

Baskar

3 answers

0 votes
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2022

Hi @Gnanabaskar ,

Looks like your index files are corrupted. you can delete caches folder from your application-data/jira (jira.home folder) and restart your application. Do you re-index after restarting.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/re-index-in-jira-fails-due-to-indexformattoooldexception-973482953.html

Gnanabaskar August 29, 2022

Before starting re-index , should I delete .jira-home.lock ?

Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2022

not required. 

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

Hi @Gnanabaskar 

If the Indexes are corrupted, you need to perform Full indexing which would essentially lock Jira

Thanks,
Pramodh

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

Hi @Gnanabaskar 

• Stop Jira
  • Remove the lock file
  • Remove the Indexes
  • Start Jira
  • Perform full indexing

Reference

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-applications-are-locked-224400783.html

Thanks,
Pramodh

Gnanabaskar August 30, 2022

Even after re-index i still face issue during test execution (Error in fetching data from Indexes) . Re-index was done twice.

Lockfile.jpg

I am unable to delete this file for Re-indexing.

If I stop Jira Service this lock file disappears. If I start jira this file is appearing.  If I try to delete, Its not allowing to do so. 

@Sreenivasaraju P @Pramodh M  Pls advise.

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2022

@Gnanabaskar 

If it's appearing, don't try to delete the file, instead perform the index and then see it it works

Reference

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-does-not-start-due-to-index-lock-file-s-224402146.html

Thanks,
Pramodh

Suggest an answer