• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Epics with Status of Closed have Resolution of Unresolved. How do I fix ? Edited

HI,

I have come in to take over and run new projects for this company.  They have an existing version of Jira server and  a number of projects 'in flight' - mostly Kanban based projects rather than full Scrum.

When I look at the Issue list and filter by Epic there are a lot of Epics showing as :

Status = Closed

Resolution = Unresolved.

After doing some more querying I found a whole lot of issues of different types that are 'Resolution = Unresolved' but 'Status = Closed"...….. 3279 issues to be precise :(

How do I fix these ?

EpicClosedButUnresolved.png

3 answers

0 votes

HI @Michael Green 

Do you see an option to 'Mark as resolved' under the 'More' dropdown?

Unfortunately no :(.  Is there a way to turn that on ? or made the field editable ?

0 votes
Adrian Atlassian Team Jan 29, 2020

Hi @Michael Green 

Welcome to the community!

I suggest checking the workflow for the affected project as the transition to the Close status needs to have the set resolution post function configured. 

You can also configure this using a screen. For more details, please check this article :

Do let us know if you have any further questions. 

Regards,
Adrian Stephen

Adrian Atlassian Team Jan 29, 2020

In addition to my reply above, if you have a lot of issues without resolutions set, you can follow the steps in this KB article to fix it :

Thanks Adrian.  When I dug further into this I found 3279 issues across all projects that had 'Resolution = Unresolved' but 'Status = Closed".

They are of all different types but most of them are sub-tasks.

Any other ideas on easier ways to update this Resolution field to Resolved without having to reopen issues / re-follow work flows ?

Adrian Atlassian Team Feb 03, 2020

You're welcome @Michael Green 

Unfortunately no :(

The easier method is as mentioned on that article which is to use the Script Runner Method (third party add-on). 

0 votes

Hi @Michael Green 
I think you will have to re-open it and follow the workflow to change the resolution : (here is the workflow in my company)
Capture.PNG

Moreover, in a Backlog, if you want to hide an Epic, you must "Mark as Done" BEFORE passing to the "Evaluated" status!

Hope it helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you