Email comments to project

Caitlin Morris December 2, 2019

I just registered for the Jira software for my personal use. Is there a way for me to forward my personal emails so that they populate under the project comment? I know this can be done in Jira Service Desk but I'm not sure about Jira Software (I think that's the one that I have). It's the $10 mo. license.

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Caitlin Morris December 3, 2019

@Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ I'm not sure what to put into these fields. Can you please assist? I want to forward my emails and update them into the comments of existing tasks or use the emails to create new tasks (if that makes any sense).

The email that I want to forward the updates from is cmorris@nuehealth.com

Caitlin Morris December 4, 2019

@Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ can someone call me and walk me through this?

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2019

Hi @Caitlin Morris 

You need to configure the mail handler in Jira. Take a look at the documentation for more details.

Ravi

Caitlin Morris December 2, 2019

@Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ I'm not sure what to put into these fields. Can you please assist? I want to forward my emails and update them into the comments of existing tasks or use the emails to create new tasks (if that makes any sense).

The email that I want to forward the updates from is cmorris@nuehealth.com

Suggest an answer