Eisenhower chart in JIRA

Prashant Mali
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2018

Is it possible to display tasks in an Eisenhower chart in jira?

an eisenhower chart has 4 quadrants divided into acuteness and importance.

thanks in advance

thanks,

Prashant

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2018

Hello Prashant,

You could manually build a 3X3 table using the top Row and Left Column as headers, for the desired Eisenhower layout on a confluence page, and use a Filter Result Gadget in each Quadrant of the table, basing each filter on a unique identifier such as issue priority for the result set, and you would wind up with a layout like this:

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 2.40.03 PM.png

Beyond this I found the following Article detailing a method to achieve this using Microsoft's Power BI to generate this layout with your jira issues:

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,
Earl

Prashant Mali
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2018

Thank you so much @Earl McCutcheon for the information.

thanks,

Prashant

2 votes
Gorka Puente {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 23, 2021

Hi,

I'd recommend the app Agile Ranking. It has several different matrices: Importance x Urgency, Value x Effort and Severity x Probability. First you rank based on the perspective you prefer, and then, you plan your sprints based on that previous ranking:

8991a0d6-0d0f-4e26-8d1b-a7cc8a2a6bd4.jpeg

As a PM, I love to work with it!

Francesco Mantovani
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 23, 2021

But there is no matrix...

0 votes
Francesco Mantovani
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 23, 2021

Is this "Filter Result Gadget" available for Jira Cloud @Earl McCutcheon  ?

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2021

Hello @Francesco Mantovani ,

Yes, it is available in Cloud.

Go to your dashboard, select add a gadget and the list can be narrowed down by selecting the "Jira" gadgets grouping. 

Make sure to select the "Show All" option at the top of the listing if the gadget directory is only partially loaded.

You can also narrow down the selection by searching:

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 4.51.10 PM.png

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events