Does UseTFS sync both ways?

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2014

From my understanding of this issue, https://bitbucket.org/pigsty/usetfs/issue/70/bidirectional-sync-of-stories-and-tasks, UseTFS does not sync issues both ways. Can someone confirm this for me? And - if anyone can provide a positive/negative reference, I would appreciate it :)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrzej Pasterczyk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2014

Hi,

It synchronizes both ways.
I can provide positive feedback but not sure if it counts since I work for Pigsty ;)

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 26, 2014

No, I'm worried you're not objective enough :)

Andrzej Pasterczyk
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 26, 2014

Well, I'm doing my best to be objective enough. I'm not a salesman ;)

I can tell you honestly that proper configuration of UseTFS can be really painfull especially for tricky scenarios. On the other hand it's usually possible to cover really twisted cases - which may not be the case with other plugins.

Anyway feel free to ask in case you don't get responses that you're looking for.

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 26, 2014

I do not believe this case is a tricky one. We use the standard issues with some additional statuses. It will first and foremost be synced with one project collection in TFS.

Suggest an answer