Does Scriptrunner support assignee in role('Role Name')?

David May October 23, 2018

Hi,

I want to stop listing out all of my developers in queries and just use the provided Roles (from Users and Roles) page.

I see the JQL Tricks has a query for this but I can't find one in scriptrunner/JIRA for this (which is the one that we own).

Does anyone know a way to do this with either stock JQL or Scriptrunner?

Thanks,

David

1 answer

1 vote
Joshua Yamdogo @ Adaptavist
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2018

Hi David,

Unfortunately, I don't think we do. See https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/browse/SRJIRA-2247

Regards, 

Josh

David May October 26, 2018

I guess I don't understand the point of Roles then. We use them extensively to identify peoples "role" on the team.

So to be able to do

project=X AND role IN "Developers" is really helpful as the issues can be in any status.

role in "Developers" could just be implemented as a shortcut for assignee in (<function to get a list of users in role "Developers">) which would be great. Issues wouldn't have to be reindexed as the ticket suggests. The referenced ticket refers to the challenge of maintaining role history for querying comments and historical data. I get that could be a challenge if you were doing

project=X AND role WAS "Developers" DURING ("2018/09/01","2018/00/15")

But that can be avoided by not supporting the WAS keyword. I could very easily be missing something.

Thoughts?

David

Joshua Yamdogo @ Adaptavist
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2018

Hi David,

Would it be possible for you to copy and paste your reply above and put it on the ticket that I linked? I think that you might have some valid points, but I think it would be helpful to continue discussion on that ticket so that all members of the dev team can see it.

Much appreciated,

Josh

Suggest an answer