Default notification scheme missing

jeff.storey January 17, 2013

I'm running JIRA 4.4 and I noticed that I have no Default Notification Scheme. I'm not sure if it was ever there, but I'm wondering if there is a way I can restore it...

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2013

Just create a new one with the name 'Defau't Notifcation Scheme'. It has actually no special properties as notifications are not automatically set during project creation, AFAIK.

@Renjith, I could do that, but I'd like to restore it using whatever the default JIRA settings are. Also, I think that the default notification is supposed to be associated with new proejcts automatically. When I tried creating a scheme called Default Notification Scheme, that didn't happen, but I don't know what version of JIRA that was introduced in.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2013

You are right. The scheme gets associated automatically during project creation. But how did you manage to delete it in first place? JIRA does not allow it from the Administration UI.

I am guessing that it goes with the ID of 10000, while I am not sure. You need to create new one and manipulate the database (make a backup, as this can render the JIRA unusable) and change the id in notificationscheme and notification tables. I have not tested it and I am guessing that it is based on the ID.

The default notification details are here

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2013

Maybe you just renamed it? Check if you have a notification scheme with id 10000.

I'm not sure why it isn't there ... I was just noticing this. I'm going to be updating to a newer version of JIRA soon anyway, so we'll see if that helps. Thanks for the link for the defaults!

Looks like I just renamed the default. All is well.

Suggest an answer