Deactivate users

Gonzalo Fernández Durán March 26, 2020

Hi community,

i am trying to make the most of my Jira software license. Nowaday i have 250 users and 50 software licenses. 

I wonder if there is some way to automatically deactivate a license depending of the use. For instance 1 month with no logins.

thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2020

Not OOTB. you would need to script something. I simply have a calendar reminder to export users into an excel template I created to show idle users based on some #days variable. then I go thru and check w/ those users.

Gonzalo Fernández Durán March 26, 2020

Thanks Jack..

i think a reminder would be enough, for instance receive an email with the not used licenses. Is it doable?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2020

again, not without coding/scripting. you need something that will run on some schedule, perform the query for last logged in date and then process and send an email.

Suggest an answer