Date/Time Picker Field Problem

Peter Milakovich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2014

I've had multiple users complain to me about using a due date/time (date/time picker) field in JIRA.  The problem is, users enter the date, but don't enter the time, and the time is defaulted to the current time that the field is set.  Then the user complains because the request wasn't completed by the right time, even though they forgot to set it correctly.

Searching, it does not appear that there is an individual time field built into JIRA, nor is there a way to force a user to enter a time instead of letting it default to current time.  A free format text field would just open up other problems.

Is there a way to create a time only field, formatted for time? 

I tried searching for addons or plugins that provided this, but no luck. 

2 answers

0 votes
Bezejmenny Chlapek May 16, 2017

I've the same problem as Peter Milakovich described 2 years ago. And zezeto[N.Meziani]'s answer is not solvig the problem at all.

I need the "time only" picker field.

Any suggestions how to solve it?

Thanks

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2014

Hi,

Hi,

I think that the problem is in the type of date , due date support only Date type and not date with time

Look this answer it can help you

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/328490

Suggest an answer