Custom fields in a subscription e-mail

I am not sure if this has already been answered or not so my apologies if it has, I just can't find it.

We have a number of filters that some executive subscribe to. So they get a subscription based e-mail on new issues. We are looking to add some custom fields to that e-mail but unlike the e-mail templates for standard issue updates the subscriptions seem to have their own format.

I read somewhere that the only way to do this is through recompiling part of the code around the subscriptions? Is this true? Is there any way to do this without recompiling code?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

If you add custom fields to the filter, as columns, you should see them in the mail. Is that not happening? Why add fields in the templates?

Thanks. You triggerd what I was missing. My filter was too broad to cover my custom field. Even though I have an issue type specified I needed to filter it down to a project and it showed up.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

64 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you