Creating issues and comments from email

Richoo Chawla February 6, 2020

I'm trying to set up an email handler to pick up messages and convert them to JIRA issues - i have done it successfully when link it to the inbox but when I specify a Folder it does not create an issue in JIRA.   Following these instructions:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver076/creating-issues-and-comments-from-email-945111600.html   

if you chose either an IMAP mail server or the Local Files option in the Server field, then a Folder Name field appears below the Handler  dropdown list:

• For an IMAP mail server, if you want mail handler to scan for new messages from a folder other than the 'Inbox' in your mail account, specify the name of that folder here.
  • For the Local Files option, if your file messages are being written to a subdirectory within the import/mail subdirectory of the JIRA home directory, specify the subdirectory structure (within import/mail) here.

----

The only difference is that I am picking SECURE_IMAP from the dropdown as supposed to IMAP.  Could that be the reason it's not working?

0 answers

Suggest an answer