Creating alerts in Jira

Fernanda_Regino April 6, 2020

Hi. Is there any way to receive an alert when i have a team member assigned to more than a certain number of issues in a given status (e.g. 5 issues "in progress")?

2 answers

0 votes
Robert Dzido
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2020

The simplest way to achieve it is using filter subscriptions (assignee = XXX and status = "In Progress") but it requires creating filter for each team member separately.

Fernanda_Regino April 7, 2020

Hi Robert,

Thanks for you return.

Even if I have to create one for each user, do you know if there is any way that I could set an alert when the user gets to the number of issues that I previously define?

0 votes
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2020

Hi @Kristján Geir Mathiesen ,

Thanks for the quick return, but I don't think that's what I need. I would like to trigger the alert (that can be an e-mail) only when the user is assigned to the number of issues I set as the limit an user could have.

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2020

I was also thinking along the lines that Robert is talking about below but no, you don't have the counter there either. I think you'll have to script this somehow with Scriptrunner. Sorry, I don't know of any other way. Good luck and please post your solution, once you find one :)

KGM

Thank you @Kristján Geir Mathiesen .

I´ll let you know if I find a way out! :-)

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2023

Hi @Fernanda_Regino  did you ever find a way out?

Best,
KGM

Suggest an answer