Creating a custom task

Daya Naidoo August 29, 2017

Hi all, I am new to JIRA and have been thrown in the deep end. Whenever an issue of "Provision Services" is selected, the user is now giving the opportunity to select 1 of 3 templates to complete and submit.

Any help would sincerely be appreciated.

Kind regards

Daya Naidoo

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2017

What do you mean by "template"?

I suspect you mean there are three different sets of fields you want the user to complete, and you want the user to choose one and have the screen change.

JIRA does not work that way natively.  The fields you are shown depend on the issue type.  So you should create three different issue types and give each one their own set of screens.

There is another option of using something like Script Runnner to show and hide fields depending on selections in other fields, but I don't recommend it in this case.  You will have to have all your fields on the screens, and then hidden by the Script Runner tricks, which makes it complex to look after, and you lose any benefits you might gain from having separate mandatory/optional flags, rendering, or different workflows for the three types.

Suggest an answer