Creating Issues via email with prepouplated component field

saf rajvong May 10, 2017

Hi

I am setting up email to create issues in Jira. I have exising Jira boards (eg. Engagement, Change, Support)  with component name (ECG, CHNG, SUPP)  setup and are used to put the issues into the appropriate board.

The problem I am having is when Jira creates an issue from the email the issue does not automatically go to the Engagement board because the component of that issue does not have value "ECG".  Is there a way I can prepopulate the issue with component = "ECG" in the email so when the issue is created in Jira it will land on the Engagement board.

1 answer

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2022

The problem is that the default handler is not allowing to populate values to the fields. Everything that is the content lands in the description, subject become Summary, and priority of the emails is getting recognize as higher/lower. That is all.

The workaround could be to set up 3 handlers and each create a different issue types called for example Engagement, Change, Support then it could be configured to show on Jira Board or Dashboard whatever you like.

Suggest an answer