Create sprint button disabled for a user while he is the project and board admin + rank by order ASC

I am the JIRA admin and create sprint button is disabled for a user while he is the project and board admin and also the component lead the filter query refers to. He also has manage sprints permissions. The ranking by order ASC is also present.

This is the query- project = NT and component = "Server: Exchange Communication Server" and resolution = Unresolved ORDER BY Rank ASC

Can someone help with this?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

I have a number of questions to try to narrow down the possible causes here.

1. What happens when this user tries to hover the mouse cursor over the "Create Sprint" button?   Do they see any sort of popup that might explain why the system is preventing this?
  2. Does this "NT" project utilize any sort of issue-level security?
  3. In addition to being a project admin and having the "Manage Sprint" permission, I would also expect this user to need to have the "Edit Issue" permission and the "Schedule Issues" permission in this project.  Without these permissions as well, the user cannot create a sprint.
  4. If that doesn't help, what happens if you change the filter to be something more like:
project = NT order by rank asc

I am curious to see if there is any difference in the ability to create a sprint here without the other fields.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

55 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you