Create sprint button disabled for a user while he is the project and board admin + rank by order ASC

Ankita Sinha September 14, 2017

I am the JIRA admin and create sprint button is disabled for a user while he is the project and board admin and also the component lead the filter query refers to. He also has manage sprints permissions. The ranking by order ASC is also present.

This is the query- project = NT and component = "Server: Exchange Communication Server" and resolution = Unresolved ORDER BY Rank ASC

Can someone help with this?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2017

I have a number of questions to try to narrow down the possible causes here.

1. What happens when this user tries to hover the mouse cursor over the "Create Sprint" button?   Do they see any sort of popup that might explain why the system is preventing this?
  2. Does this "NT" project utilize any sort of issue-level security?
  3. In addition to being a project admin and having the "Manage Sprint" permission, I would also expect this user to need to have the "Edit Issue" permission and the "Schedule Issues" permission in this project.  Without these permissions as well, the user cannot create a sprint.
  4. If that doesn't help, what happens if you change the filter to be something more like:
project = NT order by rank asc

I am curious to see if there is any difference in the ability to create a sprint here without the other fields.

Suggest an answer