Create a status bar in a jira issue macro table relating back to an issue type

rhianfarrell November 12, 2017

Hi All,

I am creating a report in confluence where I am using a jira issue macro that shows a table with different columns relating back to an issue type in a project. In one of the columns I need to have a status bar for a custom field I have created with the options red (color red) amber (color yellow) and green (color green) within the jira issue macro table.

Alternatively, If I could have the text shown in the Jira macro to be either red (color red) amber (color yellow) and green (color green) that would be good enough.

The custom field I am using is a single line drop down box

I am fairly new to confluence/jira so I would greatly appreciate some help in finding the quickest and easiest way to make this possible

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2017

Hi Rhian,

It is possible to show custom fields in the Jira Issues Macro:

Custom fields can be added as columns to the table simply by using the name of the field with no quotes.

However it will not be able to set a color based on the status of your custom field. The regular Jira status field however, can be shown.

A workaround you could use is to put the Status Macro itself in a column adjacent to your single-issue view Jira Issues Macro and apply the status/color manually that way. Unfortunately, you would need to manually update this when the status changes.

Let us know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer