It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Create a project

Hi I would like to create a project within Jira for a new project, but I do not see any function to do so.

would you advise how I would create one?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Oct 27, 2019

You may not have create permissions. If you are on cloud you should see “Projects” in the sidebar. Once you select that you should see “Create Project” in the upper right of the screen.

Hi, thank you for your answer. What could I do, as I do not see "Create Project" in the upper right of the screen.

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Kensuke Kuroda ,

Only Jira admins who have the Administer Jira global permission can create projects in Jira. Please make sure that you have Jira admin permissions.

1. For Server instance you will be able to create Project from Projects Dropdown. Refer below screenshot.

projecr1.png

2. For Atlassian cloud instance please refer below screenshot.

project2.png

If you do not see above options then you need to reach out to your internal Jira admin to do this.

Thanks,

Avinash

Thank you for your advice. I will reach out to itnernal admin for support.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

303 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you