Create a project

Kensuke Kuroda October 27, 2019

Hi I would like to create a project within Jira for a new project, but I do not see any function to do so.

would you advise how I would create one?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2019

Hi @Kensuke Kuroda ,

Only Jira admins who have the Administer Jira global permission can create projects in Jira. Please make sure that you have Jira admin permissions.

1. For Server instance you will be able to create Project from Projects Dropdown. Refer below screenshot.

projecr1.png

2. For Atlassian cloud instance please refer below screenshot.

project2.png

If you do not see above options then you need to reach out to your internal Jira admin to do this.

Thanks,

Avinash

Kensuke Kuroda October 28, 2019

Thank you for your advice. I will reach out to itnernal admin for support.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2019

You may not have create permissions. If you are on cloud you should see “Projects” in the sidebar. Once you select that you should see “Create Project” in the upper right of the screen.

Kensuke Kuroda October 27, 2019

Hi, thank you for your answer. What could I do, as I do not see "Create Project" in the upper right of the screen.

Suggest an answer