Control Edit of Summary on Board Issue Layout View

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

I have requirements that prevent the user from editing the Summary field once a Story is created.  The Summary field does not appear on the edit screen for Story issue types.  Summary edits are controlled through the updating of other custom fields, and a scriptrunner listener. 
This is fine and works exactly as designed.
However.
Once in the board view, and then the issue layout view users can edit the Summary field.
I have no idea how to control this. 
I've already tried a screen behavior this did not work....
Ideas please

1 answer

0 votes
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2022

Hi @Craig Nodwell

I have tried replicating the issue in my environment, but I don't seem to be encountering the problem you mentioned.

If I try to edit the field, I cannot make any inline changes. 

image1.png

On the other hand, if I click on the edit icon, as expected the dialog will appear.

image2.png

Could you please specify the versions of Jira and ScriptRunner you used when you encountered this issue?

I have tested this with Jira 8.22.2 and the latest release of ScriptRunner, i.e. 6.58.0 and could not replicate the issue.

Thank you and Kind regards,

Ram

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2022

Thanks @Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_ will send soon.  Will also send screen shots.

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2022

Jira Server Version 8.19.1
Scriptrunner Version 6.53.0

I've been working with Jira since Version 3.
I've not seen this before.
I do not wish to disable in-line editing.

Image issue view Summary cannot be edited as it is not included on any edit screen.
no_edit.png

Image Board Issue Layout View Summary Can Be Edited in line.

boardedit.png

Suggest an answer