It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Conditional transition in a Service Desk workflow using a custom field without any addons?

This seems like some very basic, essential functionality but I can't seem to find a straight forward way to do this without having to buy an addon. Is there a way to do this with core functionality?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Nov 19, 2019

Hi @tyler.hushing , are you saying that you wish to allow a transition only if a custom field has a specific value? If so then you can accomplish by adding a Condition on the workflow transition verifying the value of the field.

Or do you mean something else?

Hi Jack, you're correct in your assessment of what I was asking, but I don't see any way to add a condition based on field value. I ended up getting the add-on JSU in order to add this functionality, so I could do exactly what you're talking about. I was just surprised that wasn't already an available condition. Unless I was mistaken?

Jack Community Leader Nov 19, 2019

so Value Field doesn't work?

It is only present and works because we got the add-on JSU, it wasn't there before

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you