Conditional transition in a Service Desk workflow using a custom field without any addons?

tyler.hushing November 19, 2019

This seems like some very basic, essential functionality but I can't seem to find a straight forward way to do this without having to buy an addon. Is there a way to do this with core functionality?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2019

Hi @tyler.hushing , are you saying that you wish to allow a transition only if a custom field has a specific value? If so then you can accomplish by adding a Condition on the workflow transition verifying the value of the field.

Or do you mean something else?

Hi Jack, you're correct in your assessment of what I was asking, but I don't see any way to add a condition based on field value. I ended up getting the add-on JSU in order to add this functionality, so I could do exactly what you're talking about. I was just surprised that wasn't already an available condition. Unless I was mistaken?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2019

so Value Field doesn't work?

ValueField.png

It is only present and works because we got the add-on JSU, it wasn't there before

Suggest an answer