Comments via Mail in JIRA - "Read time out" Failure

Hannes Jensen November 19, 2019

Hi,

i want to create comments via mail in my board.

When i start the test, it doesnt run.

Does anyone know what to do?

There is no firewall or proxy in it.

"javax.mail.MessagingException: Read timed out while connecting to host 'imap.gmail.com' as user 'jira@deinebaustoffe.de' via protocol 'imap, caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out"

1 answer

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2019

HI @Hannes Jensen 

Welcome to the community!

Please have a look at the previous community discussion on the same.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/I-am-getting-a-quot-Read-time-out-quot-error-when-trying-to/qaq-p/1166091

Hannes Jensen November 21, 2019

Thanks for your really fast answer!

But it doesnt work.

Do you habe any other advices?

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2019

HI @Hannes Jensen 

Ahh...try to increase the time out session or use a different protocols.

Like Vince Clark likes this
Hannes Jensen November 21, 2019

No chance...now this:

"javax.mail.MessagingException: Connection dropped by server? while connecting to host 'imap.gmail.com' as user 'jira@deinebaustoffe.de' via protocol 'imap, caused by: java.io.IOException: Connection dropped by server?"

:-(

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2019

HI @Hannes Jensen 

As mentioned in the below community discussion ..could you please check the mail you have been using whether it is hosted on Gmail only??

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/javax-mail-MessagingException-Connection-dropped-by-server-while/qaq-p/1023437

Hannes Jensen November 22, 2019

Yes, we use Gmail and its hostet only on Gmail :-(

Suggest an answer