Close Sprint when running parallel Sprints

Vasilis Gennaris March 29, 2018

Hi all,

I am using parallel Sprints and I am trying to close one Sprint that its stories are in Done Status but i can't find the choice to do so.. Any idea?

Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 14.38.27.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2018

Hi Vasilis

what you're showing is the backlog - you can't close a sprint from the backlog. You need to go to the active sprint view, then have the sprint showing that you want to close. There should be a Close Sprint button on the top right

Abhi September 9, 2019

I closed one sprint out of three that I am running. But I am not able to close the other two sprints I was having along with the one I marked as completed.

I am neither able to view the option to close sprint for the other two sprints.

Brian Longstreet February 3, 2020

I have the same problem. I'm running two sprints concurrently. When I go to the active sprint board, the option to close a sprint is grey'd out. There's also not an option to select which sprint to view in order to close one instead of the other.

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2020

Hi @Brian Longstreet 

Below are 2 screenshots, the first where all sprints are showing and a greyed out button, then just one sprint selected. Do you not have that dropdown to select sprints? Could you let us have a screenshot from your project?

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Like Brian Longstreet likes this
Brian Longstreet February 4, 2020

Yes the sprint button is greyed out. However, your screenshot was exactly what I needed. I did not notice the option to select a sprint. Once I selected the sprint, the Complete button became available. 

Thank you for your help!

Like # people like this
Lauren Carr February 9, 2023

I have a similar issue. I go to select one of the 2 active sprints and when I click "Complete sprint", it shows that I have 3 incomplete issues in the other active sprint (not the one I chose from the active sprint board) and won't let me close just the original sprint I selected on the dropdown. 

Is there a way I can close 1 of these and not the other one? See the screenshot for it telling me I have 3 incomplete issues in my other sprint (we have the Transition sprint and HRO sprint 1 active right now but want to close Transition sprint and leave sprint 1 open)

2 active sprints.png

0 votes
rupal.rajwar March 24, 2020

HI Warren,

I am facing the same issue but unable to see the options that are screenshotted by you.

I am the admin on the JIRA instance, can you suggest solution

Brian Longstreet March 24, 2020

If you go to the active sprint board, look in the top right corner of the board, you should see a grey drop down that shows either one of your sprints or 'all sprints'. Change this drop down to select the sprint you're interested in, and then you'll be able to complete that sprint.

Suggest an answer