Change field functions

Jennifer Dumble September 20, 2019

We are setting up JIRA projects for our software team and I would like to be able to update field values. For example I want to be able to change the reporter. How do I do this as an admin?

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2019

Do you mean change the value of the reporter field, or change the label from Reporter to Somename?  If the first, you need permission to update reporter in the permission scheme. Being an admin DOES NOT give you any permissions in projects. Those permissions are controlled by the permission scheme. I know some tools give admins permission to do anything which is a very bad security model, JIRA doesn't. 

Change the person who reported it.  I created the project.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2019

I missed the second part. You can't do it through the UI. Some folks have used changing the language for similar things. I suggest searching for something like 'changing field labels with language' 

Ok thanks that's what I needed to know. I looked everywhere in the UI for that function.  The person creating our JIRA issues isn't always the customer and we wanted to be able to change the reporter value.

Suggest an answer