Categories in custom field

Kamil Maleszka May 10, 2021

Hi,

I would like to create a field similar to multicheck boxes but divided into categories like: 

Category A: 

Option 1

Option 2 etc.

Category B:

Option 1

Option 2 etc.

I couldnt find any hint around the internet, I would be greatful for any help, how to solve it. 

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2021

Hi,

Welcome to the community.

You can create a cascading select list. Note that you will only have two level like your example. If you need more category you will need an addon.

Hope this helps

Thank you for answer, however I was looking for a list where I can choose few options i.e

Category : PC

PC for programming

Screen #1

Screen #2

Headphone

etc. 
So in the end I could choose entire setup above. In cascade I could use just one option. 

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2021

You will need a addon to achieve this. Jira is ship with cascading field of 2 levels.

Do you have any addon in mind specifically? 

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2021

Try Table grid editor, i used it for a client

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1110050/table-grid-editor?hosting=server&tab=overview

It allow to create table and also cascading field.

Awesome, Thanks!

Suggest an answer