I want to be able to capture the snapshot of component field values when the issue moved to resolved state,#
So, i created a custom field - component_at_resolution and added a post function copy field values to field and copied over Components to this new custom field.
The problem is that when i see the result on the view issue screen, it is showing me like this
[GenericEntity:Component][id,1526][project,426][description,null][name,Component A][lead,null][assigneetype,0][url,null],[GenericEntity:Component][id,1553][project,426][description,null][name,Component B][lead,null][assigneetype,0][url,null]
How do i fix this.
PS: I chose component_at_resolution to be single line text custom field
Ah, this is down to data types.
Components are represented by component objects in the database. I suspect your custom field is a string, so when you copy <component> into it, you're getting a rather ugly representation of a set of component objects dumped into it.
You need to iterate over the list of component objects and extract their names to strings if you want a "clean" representation of them for the humans (but bear in mind that they won't be components any longer, just a list of names)
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs